Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Disneyland


The Broweleit's Adventures in Disneyland!

It's taken me awhile to post this entry, but I finally did it! A look into our adventure-filled trip and some fun pictures. I know it's long, but so much happened it was hard to pick only a few pictures. And - we were there for a long time :)


Our first night at the Disney Resort. We went to Goofy's Kitchen and met loads of characters. I was feeling pretty sick, though, and didn't do too much that night or the next day.


In front of the entrance to Disneyland on Friday - the day I started feeling much better.

Annabelle and I enjoying Main Street

On Dumbo - one of the girls favorite rides

Pirates' Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. You can tell that Andrew isn't feeling too well :(

Instead of waiting in the consistently 2 hour line for Princess Fantasy Fair (where you meet the princesses) we went to Ariels Grotto for dinner and got to meet all the princesses there! A big highlight for the girls


Annabelle and Matt went on the Grizzly River Run at California Adventure!

The next day Andrew and I headed to the hospital. He had a 105 temperature and was diagnosed with RSV/Pnemonia. We were there for two nights. Matt and the girls stayed back at Disneyland so the girls wouldn't have to endure the hospital. This picture is them on the day Andrew and I went to the hospital.


Andrew on oxygen :(

The girls in line for Toy Story with Matt

Finally we were released from the hospital! This the kids getting balloon animals at a pizza resturant in Downtown Disney the night Andrew was released. We were very excited to all be together and feeling better! We got to enjoy four extra days and lots more sunny weather. These were our best days in Disneyland, so we were thankful we finally got to enjoy our vacation.

The next morning we got princess dresses for the girls from Sleeping Beauty's castle. A big highlight for them!

We got to eat lunch with some dear friends, the Isenharts and Holmans who came down to Disneyland for a fun-filled day! They also watched our kids for us later that night so Matt and I could go on Indiana Jones together

Eating pineapple whips at the Tiki Room... yum!
Andrew's first swim!
We were both happy to be out of the hospital!
Getting ready for a night swim
Us at the Buzz Lightyear ride - one of our family's favorites!
What a vacation! We are thankful that Andrew recovered so quickly and we ended up having a wonderful end to our vacation.

5 comments:

Michael and Anya said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had a great time (aside from Andrew's stay in the hospital, poor guy...so glad he recovered quickly!). -anya

Sarah said...

Until now, I wasn't sure how much time at Disneyland you were actually able to enjoy. I'm SO glad to hear that it was a fun, memorable experience, not just a sad hospital stay! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Katie. Heard from Kara about Andrew. So happy he's ok and you were able to have some fun. Have a great time this weekend with Kara and Salim!

Kara said...

YAY! I have been waiting to see these pictures :-) Love them all. You looked like you had a blast...I love all the fun poses - very creative. the girls look like they had a blast!

The Eyes said...

that is what i call an adventure.